C/C++ Software Engineer
UK Head Office, Derby
Would you like to work for an award-winning, world leading innovator in computer graphics, video capture and digital display technology?
Datapath was founded in 1982 and are now distributing across 5 continents. We have end customers in more than 100 countries worldwide and in diverse markets including Medical, Signage, Security and Retail. Datapath consistently delivers class leading products and effective customer support, providing unbeatable service for specialised requirements. We are a successful and expanding company, with offices in the UK, US, Japan and customers in every major global market.
Continuing this success, we are pleased to offer a great opportunity for a talented, motivated and outgoing individual to help maintain our growth. The C/C++ Software Engineer will be a key member of the Software Development team and will design and develop products which are both feature rich and meet the standards expected by our worldwide customer base.
Role Requirements and Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the design, documentation and development of high-quality C/C++ software.
- You will interpret complex requirements and turn these into high quality, efficient software.
- You will work within the software team using agile methods, participating in sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Self-managing to meet demands across multiple teams wherever possible.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge and application of C and modern C++
- Strong knowledge of the GStreamer multimedia framework, in particular, the development of plugins, elements and complex dynamic pipelines.
- Knowledge of other related multimedia technologies including codecs, containers and streaming protocols.
- Good understanding and application of design patterns.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- 27 days holiday (plus 8 additional bank holidays)
- BUPA Private Healthcare
- Flexible holiday scheme
- 5% employer pension contribution
- An annual profit share bonus scheme
- Flexitime policy between 7am-7pm
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Employees are eligible for life assurance/death in service which provides a cover of three times gross salary after successful completion of probationary period.
Datapath is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to email@example.com. If you require further information regarding the role, please feel free to contact us on 01332 294441.