Marketing Executive - Events
Reporting to Marketing Communications Manager
Are you passionate about marketing? Do you have experience or an interest in B2B events?
Datapath Limited is a world leading innovator in video wall, multi display and video capture technology. Distributing across five continents, we have customers in more than 100 countries worldwide, in diverse markets including Medical, Signage, Security and Retail. Consistently delivering class leading products and effective customer support, we provide unbeatable service for specialized requirements. Datapath is a successful and expanding company, with both UK, UAE and US offices with customers in every major global market.
We are looking to hire a super passionate, highly organised, and creative Marketing Executive to lead on our portfolio of events and support the marketing department’s general range of activities.
The Marketing Executive (Events) will be responsible for the planning, promotion, and delivery of all in-person and online events, including large exhibitions, customer tradeshows, awards evenings, and webinars.
The individual will not only be responsible for the planning and delivery of events but is also expected to introduce new ideas to improve attendee/visitor experience and quality lead generation. They will also lead on all marketing communication activity for their events, utilising their marketing skills, to ensure successful promotion, registration, and guest attendance.
The candidate should have strong communication skills and be able to work collaboratively between departments, customers, and external suppliers. They will be expected to work on other marketing activities and projects as and when required.
The role would suit someone who ideally has knowledge of both marketing and events and someone who would like to work for an exciting brand within the Audio-Visual sector.
- Schedule and plan events in line with the company’s marketing strategy.
- Organisation and delivery of in-person and online events, ensuring processes are firmly embedded within the team.
- Create and execute marketing campaigns and promotional activities for each event, utilising the marketing promotional mix to attract attendees inc. create engaging emails, update webpages, draft press release briefs, and advertisements.
- Writing and issuing delegate communications.
- Copy-write and manage design assets for events and wider marketing comms.
- Brief in and manage all event stand design requirements, ensuring that marketing collateral meets brand guidelines.
- Proactive database development to support individual marketing campaigns and long-term audience development.
- Carry out post event research and analysis for each event and circulate a post event marketing report to key event stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the wider events marketing team to share ideas and best practice.
- Support general marketing activities and projects as required, including updating websites, CRM, sourcing branded merchandise, and contributing ideas to marketing strategy and planning.
- Minimum of 3 years working within a marketing environment (B2B role is desirable but not essential).
- Experience of organising tradeshows and exhibitions.
- Knowledge and experience of the full marketing mix.
- Experience on working with CRM, email marketing platforms, and web CMS.
- Proficient in MS Office including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign and Photoshop (desirable but not essential).
- Degree or equivalent qualification in business, marketing, event management, or creative discipline.
- A flexible attitude to working days and travel is required as you may need to travel a handful of times a year (including overseas).
- Excellent written communications skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and able to problem-solve.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a readiness to take responsibility for your work
- Ability to work autonomously, coordinate multiple priorities, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Commercially focused, and able to bring in new ideas and implement improved processes.
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 additional bank holidays)
- Hybrid office/home working available – The role is office-based in Derby, however there is currently opportunity for remote working for part of the week.
- Staff training and professional development opportunities offered
- Cycle2Work scheme
- A non-contractual, discretionary profit share bonus scheme
- Flexitime policy between 7am-7pm
- Free parking, tea and coffee, and fruit.
- Great staff extras such as pizzas, BBQ’s and social activities
- Employees are eligible for life assurance/death in service which provides a cover of three times gross salary after successful completion of probationary period.
Datapath is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require further information regarding the role, please feel free to contact us on 01332 294441.