Datapath Limited is a world leading innovator in computer graphics, video capture and digital display technology. Founded in 1982 and now distributing across 5 continents, Datapath has end customers in more than 100 countries Worldwide: covering multiple industries such as visual media, military, education, security and health care.
Datapath is continuing to expand, and we are recruiting for a Product Manager to join our team. Working in this marketing role you will be interacting directly with our customers, our engineering team, distributors, partners, and the operations team at Datapath on a daily or frequent basis.
As a Product Manager in the Datapath team you’ll be responsible for aggregation and structuring of market requirements on our products, helping prioritize product requirements for different products and working with the Datapath management team to develop the overall product roadmap.
The Product Manager role is also responsible for the articulation of our Unique Selling Points, competitive analysis, development of application notes, and use cases for our products, and in general supporting the sales and marketing effort with product knowledge.
The candidate for the position of will have experience of product management near a product development team. Good communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to confidently build relationships with colleagues and customers important to the role. The role requires a good understanding of Computing Hardware, Audio-Visual technologies and IP Networking in particular.
This is an exciting opportunity for an outgoing individual with excellent communication skills to develop their marketing career in a profitable growing business within a dynamic organisation.
- Developing details of required product and software feature specifications.
- Ownership of products through their entire lifecycle.
- Competitive analysis, and competitive positioning of Datapath products.
- Delivery of Product and Roadmap presentations to customers and key stake holders.
- Support sales and pre-sales in ongoing activities.
- Support development of product marketing literature.
- Support development of application notes and use cases for our products.
- Working with partner companies to enable sales of products in specific application areas.
- Provide general support in sales and marketing.
- Support for the delivery of trade shows/exhibitions around the world.
- Good customer interaction skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Knowledge of IP Networking technology and its use, preferably in relation to AV systems.
- Good knowledge of PC hardware and AV systems and its use is highly desirable.
- Hardware and/or software engineering background or education.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organisational and administrative skills.
- Rich in initiative and energy but still a good team player.
- 27 days holiday (plus 8 additional bank holidays)
- Flexible holiday scheme
- Flexitime policy between 7am-7pm
- Private Health care
- 5% Pension Contribution
- A annual bonus scheme (Typically pays 6%-8%)
- Employees are eligible for life assurance/death in service which provides a cover of three times gross salary after successful completion of probationary period.
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Pay
We will offer a competitive package financially and a fantastic opportunity to develop your career within an exciting, challenging and rewarding environment.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to email@example.com. If you require further information regarding the role, please feel free to contact us on 01332 294441.