Datapath Ltd the UK based professional graphics and imaging specialist, today introduced two new video capture cards, extending its popular Vision range. The HD SDI card provides up to 3Gb/s video and a DVI dual link card enables video capture with up to 4k x 4k resolution.
VisionSDI2 Description and Features:
The VisionSDI2 capture card enables streaming, recording and display wall applications of 3G SDI sources. SDI is increasingly becoming an important standard in professional video applications in broadcast, medical and machine vision where it has proven useful with its long cable reach and high video quality.
The capture card features include:
- Dual channel SDI capture card with loop through BNC connections.
- Support of video standards up to 1080p/60 and 2k digital cinema standards 2048 x 1556, including all SD and HD SDI modes.
- A full 64MB buffer memory per channel, enabling triple buffering for all video modes for tear free video.
- Total system data throughput at 650 MB/s for refresh rates up to 1080p at 60 Hz.
- Reaches 150m at full 3G SDI data rates, and 300m at SD SDI data rates.
VisionDVI-DL Description and Features:
The VisionDVI-DL capture card is designed to allow capture of very high resolution video signals. The high capture resolution can be used to capture anything from high end digital cinema, medical video, 3D visualization and CAD to video from radar systems.
The capture card features include:
- High resolution capture of any DVI-I source up to 4k x 4k with a 330MHz pixel clock.
- Flexible support of video modes including “Quad HD” 3840 x 2160 at 24/25/30 fps, 2560 x 1600 at 60 fps.
- 128MB buffer memory allowing triple buffering for all video modes for tear free video.
- Seamlessly switches between single and dual link signals.
- An equalizer allows for long input DVI cable. (Up to 20m, cable dependent.)
“The two new cards extend the popular Datapath Vision range of capture cards to enable OEMs and system integrators to offer solutions of increased value and capability. The Datapath Vision cards are extensively used in Display Wall Controllers and the new cards will enable a broader range of video sources to be incorporated into control rooms” said Bjorn Krylander, CEO at Datapath, continuing “we’ve developed these cards to meet a set of diverse needs expressed by our customers and are looking forward to work with new and old customers in developing their solutions”.
The new Capture cards will share a number of features with Datapath existing capture card range, such as:
Datapath Vision Range of Key Features and benefits:
- Direct Show Streaming Driver support – for use in a wide variety of windows applications.
- On card processor for real time mode detection – for trouble free connection to a wide variety of video sources.
- Support for multiple capture channels with multiple cards per system – enabling large systems with many sources to be captured in large video wall systems.
- High performance DMA to system memory or direct to graphics memory with scatter gather – allowing for low latency fast frame rates in all applications.
- High quality scaling – for a great visual experience.
- Support for YUV 4:2:2, RGB5:5:5, 5:6:5, 8:8:8 video output formats – making the new cards compatible with a wide variety of systems and applications.
- 16 cropping windows per capture channel – providing different views on captured images on a single wall, or in multi screen setups.
- Datapath Wall Control support and SDK.
The new Datapath cards come with Datapath’s normal Warranty of 3 years, and effective customer support.
Do you want to know more?