Are you looking to create an immersive and eye-catching visual experience for your client? Datapath has a proven track record in helping businesses create stunning visual solutions using projection mapping that will bring your vision to life.
With the help of advanced software and state-of-the-art equipment, we can help you to transform any surface into a dynamic canvas. Whether you want to turn a building into a giant screen or create an interactive installation that responds to movement, we have the solutions and expertise to help make it happen.
Our team will work closely with you to understand your vision and help you create a fully-customised projection mapping solution that meets your needs. Take the visual experience of your projects to the next level with projection mapping solutions powered by Datapath.
What is projection mapping?
Projection mapping is an intuitive AV solution that is literally popping up on buildings across the globe, as well as in entertainment spaces, shopping centres, business spaces and more. Chances are if you’re not already installing such a project, you’ve probably seen or interacted with one.
At its core, projection mapping is a technique used to project video or other media onto irregularly shaped surfaces. It involves using specialised software to warp and blend the projected image so that it fits seamlessly onto the surface.
This can be used to create immersive visual experiences, such as turning a building or monument into a giant screen or creating interactive installations that respond to movement. It is often used in events such as concerts, festivals, and exhibitions. We’ve seen it used to increase engagement in shopping spaces, help with education and much more.
Projection Mapping Projects
The Challenge As the Covid-19 situation affected all walks of life, leading projection mapping specialists Motion Mapping were commissioned by ESP to bring their
The Challenge The Super Bowl is an American institution, drawing hundreds of millions of viewers worldwide. For 2020, the championship was hosted shortly before
Background According to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), it takes two-years of training to become a full trained and qualified astronaut. But
What are the key components of a Projection Mapping solution?
While every digital projection mapping will require different hardware and software depending on the scale, surface and location of installation, there are key components that remain consistent in all projects. The specification might vary, but for all projects, you will need:
- A projector: This is the main piece of hardware that you will use to project the image onto the surface. It may be one small projector or a series of high-powered projectors capable of working outdoors. The type of projector needed will generally depend on the size of the surface and the distance between the projector and the surface.
- A computer & processors: This is used to run the projection mapping software, which is used to warp and blend the projected image to fit onto the surface.Datapath offer a powerful range of processors capable of handling any size project, such as the Datapath VSN controller, a gatekeeper, signal router, and video processor that merges custom high-resolution media content and more conventional video sources to unique video display systems.
- Projection mapping software: Picking the right software can save you time and make a project fun, or cause you headaches. Datapath offers a software solution that is intuitive and highly capable, leaving you to focus on the end projection.
- A surface to project onto: This can be anything from a flat wall to a more complex and irregularly shaped object or building.
- Cables and adapters: Depending on the specific setup of your project, you may need additional cables and adapters to connect the projector to the computer and other equipment.
- Audio equipment: If you are also planning on incorporating sound into your project, you will need additional audio equipment such as speakers and a mixer.
Datapath is on hand to help ensure you have every box ticked off when it comes to your projection mapping project and that everything is compatible. We also advise having a backup plan in case of any technical issues that may arise, such as having a backup projector on hand. This is essential in mission critical situations.
What are the key benefits?
- It’s an immersive visual experience: Projection mapping allows you to create a truly immersive visual experience, whether you’re turning a building into a giant screen or creating an interactive installation. It’s a great way to capture the attention of your audience and keep them engaged. Read how Motion Mapping crated an immersive digital experience at Ikea.
- Versatility: Projection mapping can be used in a wide variety of settings and contexts, such as events, exhibitions, and installations. It’s a flexible and adaptable solution that can be customized to fit your specific needs and goals. Just see how projection mapping bought dragons to life at the Ron Clarke Academy.
- High impact: Whatever your clients objective, projection mapping will offer a visually striking and impactful way to communicate their message. It’s a great way to make a lasting impression on an audience.
- Technology: Projection mapping relies on cutting-edge technology, which can add an element of excitement to your project. It’s a great way to showcase your brand or organisation as forward-thinking and innovative.
- Customisability: With projection mapping, you have complete control over the content and design of the projection. This allows you to create a unique and tailored experience that aligns with the brand or messaging.
Learn more about projection mapping and how it can benefit your business